This may be relevant.

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-short-wavelength-plasmons-nanotubes.html

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:00:20 -0700, "Jones Beene"  wrote:

One of
the most memorable details from Defkalion's flash-and-burn fiasco is/was
the claim of large magnetic field enhancement.  Another datum: the
Letts/Cravens effect requires a magnetic  field - along with laser
light, and one implication is that SPP formation is accentuated by an
applied magnetic field, even when the light source is not obvious.
There is also the lore about carbon nanotubes LENR - or as in the patent
app. of Cooper (US 20130266106 to Seldon Technologies). Can we connect
the dots?

Here is the site which links CNT to nickel and to a greatly
enhanced magnetic field.

http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.82.193410 [1]

GIANT MAGNETIC MOMENT ENHANCEMENT OF NICKEL NANOPARTICLES EMBEDDED IN
MULTIWALLED CARBON NANOTUBES …. "We report a giant magnetic moment
enhancement of ferromagnetic nickel nanoparticles …embedded in carbon
nanotubes …. The giant moment enhancement is unlikely to be explained by
a magnetic proximity effect but possibly arise from the interplay
between ferromagnetism in nickel nanoparticles and strong diamagnetism
in multiwalled carbon nanotubes."

Links:
------
[1]