Why does the LeClair reactor produce radiation and neutrons and the  device
invented by James Griggs does not?

It’s a matter of temperature. The James Griggs device runs at an operating
temperature of 400F, whereas, the LeClair reactor is not pressurized and
does not.

Since the Hydrogen Rydberg matter is a bigger molecule than the water
molecule, it might be possible to capture the rydberg matter from the
Griggs device using a properly sized filtration device plased in the flow
of the circulating water and remove this filter as a feedstock for a laser
based or electric arc based LENR reactor. The high power potential of an
electric motor will dump a significant amount of power into the water thus
amplifying the rate of production of rydberg matter. Any level of power
could be applied to the water to speed Rydberg matter production.

The level of Rydberg matter production could be determined by exposor of a
photographic emulsion to the water filters.

Joe Papp used this method of fuel preprocessing to form a Rysberg matter
fortified water solution that he used as an explosive and fuel for his
engine.

Just like Papp did, other elements like chlorine might be added to the
water to enhance the explosive effect. Papp used a electric arc to activate
and liberate power production from his fuel.

If a nickel or silica aeroform is used as a filter, a Rossi like tube
reactor could be fueled with the powder make from the powdered aerofoam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_-DUKQ4Uw