Hope fully I mostly agree with you, and I agree I exaggerated the speed of
change.

For flooding the market, it is possible if you make big share of the planet
factories work for you, and China is a good place for that.

About the comparison with internet infrastructure, my metaphor were not so
good.
as you explain, Internet itself was a commodity build painfully by military
and academics, for their own use, like HTTP/HTML was by CERN.
Telcos used the technology to organise concrete infrastructure and provide
IP bandwidth, the provide Internet access to company then people.
The open nature of the protocol, and liberalization of the telco's market
prevented them to build cash cows.
But this is only the first level of innovation...
like technology is for LENR.

The second and most important change, was the revolution of usage.
Internet did not build Amazon, but it enabled it.
government got back his money because the economy goes better that way,
because it can change it's organisation, simplify and fluidify
procedures... maybe not as fast as possible, but it benefit from it's
creation, indirectly.
A government benefit from the wealth of it's industry, especially USA who
have the strategic control on most Internet/Web giants, and technology.

Multinational however show that the natural scale for getting back your
benefits is not the Nation-State, as GAFAs company escape taxes... anyway
they stay US in their research core, and US in their strategic obedience
(Thanks you Snowden).

Now you say, mostly right, that the revolution will not bring Western
economy belly-up...
we agree that it may happen for stock exchange, because markets think in
future... but business will continue. only pension funds and saving may be
impacted...

what will happen for incumbent industries, and operators. Slowly they will
lose market, slowly but surely like Kodak and Fujifilm.
Kodak nearly died because they tried to exploit their old business too long.
Fujifilm pivoted to new direction exploiting their competences...

but there is something important, they all had access to digital camera
technology. It was not protected widely, even if a little.

We sure need that LENR technology be available to anyone who pay a
reasonable price.
But LENR research, need money, so there is a need for a price.
In fact you cannot pay for the technology, there is still none (none
available for you), you need to pay so that a constellations of lab is
built that will create the technologies, that you will use, like many other
who paid for the labs.

this is not far from the crowdfunding model of some music artist... fund my
Album, (I will pay the studios, the choristers, the musicians, me), and I
send you my CD when it is done.

Maybe states could pay for it, as they did during the 50-60s  but recent
investment of governments in technology, except when they are the users
(eg: military), seems not optimal, too fashion, and more volatile than some
visionary industrialists.(this is a point where we probably disagree)

Maybe also the Nation-state borders are today without any meaning? However
I don't predict a great success if someone organise a LENR21 international
conference...