I have read Jeff Morriss' presentation about his experiment.  It is very
nicely constructed, but there are several important misses in replication
of Parkhomov.  One is the lack of using LiAlH4 which dissociates eventually
into a liquid LiH film on the surface of the Ni which was long since
stripped of its oxide by heating in high temperature H2.  LiH is an ionic
hydride with the hydrogen being in the form of hydrogen anions (which
Piantelli implicates in his Ni-H reaction).  Another difference we (MFMP)
observed is that Parkhomov's reactors leaked.  By the time these were at
excess heat producing temperatures (>900C), the hydrogen pressure was a
partial vacuum in the 0.25-0.5 bar absolute range.  It appears that
Parkhomov's seals began leaking at the peak pressure of about 5 bar and
continued to leak from there on.  Above 800C, the LiH began re-absorbing
some of the H2, drawing it into a partial vacuum.  MFMP's seals have been
much better and hence did not strictly replicate Parkhomov's actual
protocol.

Jeff may also be having trouble due to supplying H2 using a nafion based H2
generator.  Nafion is also an H2O conductor and it has a dessicant dryer on
the output.  There will always be some H2O being supplied with the H2 in
his system.

I don't mean this as a criticism at all!  Jeff ran a good experiment.  I am
just trying to point out potential issues that could be complicit in
failure to replicate.  I wrote a long email to Jeff about it.

Bob Higgins