When you say that "Cold Fusion at 300C would be fine for automobiles ...",
you have to take into account the fact that the 300C is the loaded
temperature of the system.  In RF technology, it is commonly known that to
get maximum transfer of power from a real source having a real source
impedance (in a linear system), the load resistance must match the source
resistance.  If you have a 50 ohm source, then you apply a 50 ohm load to
extract the maximum power from that source. But, the operating voltage
across the 50 ohm load is 1/2 of the voltage of the unloaded source.

So, in any practical LENR system, the fuel temperature will be much higher
than the actual operating temperature of the working fluid (maybe twice as
high).  I think a better FUEL temperature range for LENR would be in the
400-600C range for an apparatus with a working temperature of 300C.