ha.  i love that old joke.  was first told to me by an apache that was simply called grandfather by everyone, even MY grandfather, about 10-15 years back.  he loved the reaction of people that would laugh, start to stop thinking it might be offensive, then break up again.

On 1/9/06, Grimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 01:42 pm 09/01/2006 -0000, Reme wrote:

<snip>

>Two weeks later the Chief called the National Weather Service again. "Are
>you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"
>
>"Absolutely," the man replied. "It's looking more and more like it is going
>to be one of the coldest winters ever."
>
>"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.
>
>The weatherman replied, "The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy."

He He!

I really did "laugh out loud" at the dĂ©nouement of that one.  8-)

Frank

--
"Monsieur l'abbĂ©, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write"  Voltaire