There is an entire field of possible technological applications of GW. But
for GW to have practical applications they have to be at high frequency and
so not as the one discussed in the astrophysical context (these waves have
frequencies that range between few Hz to thousands of Hz). This is because
the amplitude of the waves is proportional to the frequency of the waves
and the accelerating mass that produces them. A huge mass like a black hole
would create low frequency waves but because of the large mass involved the
waves would be big enough to be detected on earth.

For a human sized device (so small mass) to produce gravitational waves
that can be detected by a receiver they have to be at Mega or even Giga Hz
frequencies.
Google high frequency gravitational waves.

People wrote papers about possible applications. From fuel-less spaceships
to cell phones that could communicate with another cell phone directly even
across the entire earth (given GW can go across the earth without being
disturbed, let alone a building or ocean or anything).
Submarines could communicate with GW even if underwater and so on. Many
interesting applications.