When I was in the 5th grade our teacher Mrs.Biggs stated that workers in the
steel industry fought hard for a 40 hours work week.  When we grew up and
worked at Bethlehem Steel we would only have to work 30 hours per week.  Robots
would be doing some of the work for us.  It did not turn out that way.  There
is no more industry in Johnstown.  Coal fired electrical generation now seems
to be waning.  Bethlehem Steel is long gone.  Those that still do work work
long hours in the service industry for low wages.  The last good paying jobs
remain in healthcare.  How long will that hold up?

I took some pictures of the process in action and posted the on angelfire.  The
hemorrhaging of jobs still continues today.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ParksJohnstown/dome.html

Frank Z