The theory that Russ is working under is based on the crystal structure of
palladium as the basic foundation on which LENR is build. This idea is a
good one but they picked the wrong crystal topology,.

The proper crystal structure is the hexagonal and the trigonal structure.
This is the crystal structure that causes electrons to follow a vortex
path. This is the crystal structure that the Hydrogen Rydberg matter (HRM)
is formed around. This hexagonal crystal  structure is what amplifies the
monopole magnetic field.

Important hexagonal crystals that play a role in LENR besides HRM is mica,
graphite, and quartz. Note that Rossi uses mica in his E Cat X. Holmlid
uses graphite in his HRM production and Etiam uses quartz powder in its
process.