I like Huw Price's boldness in egging on the nay-sayers:

And I want to sound a note of caution for anyone who still feels confident
> that they can continue to ignore the field. If LENR is on the verge of a
> comeback, the reputation trap will turn inside out very, very quickly. No
> one wants to be the last ostrich to pull its head out of the sand. You have
> been warned!

The following statement, mentioning the short-lived claim by MFMP of a
correlation of excess heat and x-rays, suggests that Price needs to do more
vetting of the evidence he's relying on to support his optimism:

Most interestingly, a partisan but admirably self-critical open science
> collaboration called the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project (MFMP) claims
> to have detected a strong X-ray signal from one of their devices,
> apparently correlated with signs of excess heat.

Eric