It seems to me if the measure of success is the production of excess heat
that Rossi would surly know how the ERV yearlong test went. But the
criteria for successfully passing the 1 year test may not be COP but  the
production of ionizing radiation or the lack of it. Rossi has spent many
years in beating back the occasional bursts of ionizing radiation from his
various E-Cat prototypes; control and radiation where his concerns. We know
that the ERV test director is a person with long years of experience in the
nuclear industry. He may have set up radiation detectors all throughout the
shipping container to check for any appearance of a radiation burst.

Rossi would have no way to predict that his technology is radiation free.
This is his reason for the F9 response in terms of the ERV test. If any
radiation is seen coming out of the X-Cat, that would put Rossi in a very
difficult spot with NRC and FDA regulation and licensing