there would be a strong likelihood of improvement, compared to nickel alone.

From: Bob Cook

Jones--

Your argument about Zn volatility has some merit.  However, from the data it
would appear that the Zn in the “before reaction” laser activation test
migrated to the cooler parts of the reactor and were not measured in the “after
reaction” laser activation test.  This is the opposite of what I think you are
suggesting..

Bob,

If a particular test or type of analysis is sampling the surface, but is done
in such a way that a natural mechanism can bring mobile elements from deep
inside a structure up to the surface, then the more volatile components could
appear to have much higher concentration than they should.

From: Bob Cook

If I am not wrong, the laser activation indicates Zn  is 0.004 mass % vs the
suggested 4%—more than an order of magnitude LOW!—more like 3 orders Low!   I
checked the table of mass % and it adds to 100 percent.

From:  <mailto:eric.wal...@gmail.com> Eric Walker

I do not think there was any report of very much Zn in the fuel.  If there was
Zn-64 in the samples tested it was not apparent from the report.  In fact as I
noted yesterday, Zn was on the order of .01 percent.   It was not anyway
reported near 4 % per my review of the AP report translated by Higgins. .

As I attempted to show, even though the total amount of zinc reported in the
ICP-MS analysis was small, it was of an order of magnitude to potentially
explain part of the mass 64 balance.