Jones,

While all of this Zn speculation is an interesting theory/hypothesis, it
stemmed from a completely improbable hypothesis - that the 4.4% of measured
64Ni was due to contamination by Zn in Parkhomov's Sochi analyses.

First of all, it is reasonable to presume that any Zn contamination would
have a natural isotopic ratio.  The natural abundance for 64Ni is 0.9%.
So, for the reported 4.4% of m=64 to be 64Zn + natural 64Ni, there would
have to be a 64Zn contamination of about 3.5 atom%.  64Zn is about 50%
natural isotopic ratio for Zn, so there would have to be about 7 atom%
concentration of Zn in the Ni powder for this to be the answer for the
measured concentration at m=64.  This would be a huge contamination.

Also, Parkhomov's jar of Ni powder claimed it to be 99.9% Ni.  Even if all
of the 0.1% were Zn, that would only mean 0.05atom% of 64Zn to contaminate
the 64Ni measurement.  That would be consistent with the non-measurement of
Zn in the EDS and the low value for Zn atomic percent reported by laser
atomic emission spectroscopy in the same Sochi presentation.

ICP-MS is a bulk measurement.  1-2 mg of Ni powder would be dissolved in
acid, diluted, and then introduced into the ionization chamber.  So the 7%
concentration of Zn could not be just a tiny spot on a particle, it would
have to be 7% of the entire sample mass digested in the acid.  When MFMP
tested the powder it received from Parknomov (ICP-MS), it was found to have
the normal, natural concentration of 64Ni.

The 64Ni concentration is inconsistent with the explanation of Zn
contamination.  I have asked Bob Greenyer to review this with Parkhomov and
arrive at a less flip answer.

For now, we simply cannot trust the m=64 data in his Sochi ICP-MS report -
neither the fuel or the ash - until a better explanation of the anomalous
values is supplied.