Hi Jed

Regarding the waste heat, you mentioned that all the waste heat can't be
transferred to the water? But surely if the heat source is inside the water
tank it can only be transferred to the water. Isn't this how we do calorimetry?
As long as the water tank was insulated for 120 deg C and the water or steam
flow ensured this temperature was not exceeded I don't see why it would get
hotter In the container. But perhaps I miss something simple like the flow rate
is not sufficient or something? I suppose other kinds of boilers that have an
external furnace for coal of gas this is not the case, as the furnace it self
might be much hotter?

Stephen