I wrote:

> It's easier to suppose IH did steal tech from Rossi.
>>

> There is nothing to steal.

By the way, this whole notion that I.H. can "steal" technology from Rossi
is preposterous. This technology is patented. If the patent is valid,
anyone on God's green earth can "steal" it as easily as I.H. can. A patent
puts technology in the public domain. It means any person having ordinary
skill in the art (PHOSITA) can replicate the device. If a PHOSITA cannot
replicate, that means the patent is invalid and the intellectual property
has no value.

With a valid patent the technology is an open book. You can replicate all
you like and do as many experiments are billed as many prototypes as you
want. The only thing you cannot do is sell the technology without paying
royalties. I.H. would have to get a license and pay royalties the same as
anyone else. The point is there is no reason why anyone needs to cooperate
with Rossi or work with him to get access the technology.

Suppose Rossi's patent is valid, and PHOSITA can replicate from it. Suppose
it is discovered that Brillouin Energy is using his technology --

First, Brillouin has every right to do that. Anyone can use a patented
technology in a prototype or experiment. The only thing you cannot do is
sell the technology.

Second, that does not prove I.H. secretly stole the information and gave it
to Brillouin. It could mean Brillouin replicated from the patent. Even if
it is shown that IH learned the technique from Rossi and taught it to
Brillouin, that would still not be a crime. It just means they took a
shortcut to learn something that the patent must teach in any case. It is
like stealing a drink of water from a public water fountain. The IP is
there for the taking. It is available to anyone for free. You can walk out
the door with it anytime you want.