Steven,

Your criticisms are quite justified. The problem is I don't know how to
pause a gif animation. At this time I didn't expect to leave more than an
"impression" so I apologize if the lack of detail frustrated you.

Are you familiar with a book called Feynman's Lost Lectures? It is based on
Feynman's lecture notes, where Feynman recontructs Newton's *geometrical*
derivation of Kelper's laws. He reconstructs it up to a point, but then he
admits that he lacks the geometrical knowledge to follow Newton's argument
to the end so he employs a modern trick using velocity vectors to simplify
the argument.