On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 6:08 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <
orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> Woah! I didn't expect to see so much commentary on this particular
> thread.  I had to re-subscribe a while longer.
>

> Harry, the link you supplied on Feynman's Lost Lecture on Motions around
> the Sun did the trick for me. I finally get what your animated GIF was
> trying to tell me. I like what Feynman did with the empty foci. That is
> cool! Thanks!
>

> It will be interesting to see if I can find any linkages with what Feynman
> did and what I'm trying to work out with my own velocity vector work.
>

> You're working on a third way?

​Feynman's way appears to be the same as my own, but there are differences.
Notice that Feynman's large circle or velocity circle, which contains the
ellipse, is centred on the Sun. I don't use a velocity circle but I do use
 a large circle which appears​ to be the same thing as the velocity circle.
However, the centre of my large circle is located at the empty focus (Fe).

I see gravitational motion as a dance of circles rather than as a force
acting on inertial motion. In my opinion the law of inertia should only
apply to motions which are clearly caused by collisions or forces of
contact. In this respect I am granting circles a power they have not had
since before Newton.

​Harry​