Bob, This is exactly the type of experiment I had in mind.  Add about 10%
LAD to the LAH and re-run the series of experiments to see how the XH
compares to plain LAH.

You are also correct that this may tell us a lot about what reaction is
occurring.  It has been held by many LENR researchers that LENR cannot be
obtained with H, only with D.  They claim that the XH produced in Ni-H
reactions is really reaction with the residual D in the naturally isotopic
H (0.0156 atomic %).  If when adding 10% LAD (a D increase of 640x) you get
much more heat, it would support evidence for the theory that it was only
the D that was reacting.  If you do not get much more heat, then either: 1)
only the H is reacting, or 2) as Dennis Letts describes, the reaction is
confined to NAE and there are not enough NAE to support reaction with the
greater amount of D.

That is why I asked AP the question about tests with added D.  Based on his
response, I have suggested to Mathieu Valat that he share his LAD with AP.