In a quick search to see if there are known candidates for Weyl semimetals
which also are known to be contaminants of palladium in small quantities, one
candidate has turned up - Pr2Ir2O7. In fact iridium is commonly found with
palladium ore. Praseodymium is a rare earth element that also has a history in
past research….

BTW – finding a rare dopant or contaminant which greatly catalyzes LENR would
answer many open questions…

“Electrons with no mass”… wow… imagine the possibilities.

Massless electrons ? Actually we should call them Weyl Fermions (WF) since by
definition, the electron has mass and we do not want to ruffle too many
feathers. And a quick googling indicates high probability that WF have been
verified by several groups.

Closer to home, the first possibility (opportunity) which comes to mind in the
context of LENR is ultra-dense hydrogen. Since the WF has almost no mass, the
particle could potentially orbit or attach to a proton at very close range, no?

Hmm… maybe what Holmid and others claim to see as UDH in not what they thought,
but instead is a neutral particle consisting of a proton and a WF with an
diameter of a few fermi… (electrons do not feel the strong force).

This implies that the active material for LENR could contain – and it would be
inadvertent – a small amount of Weyl semimetal as a contaminant … and there are
probably will be many of them found once we start looking.