The following thoughts are purely conceptual and speculative and lack the
deeper understanding and critical analysis of most concepts discussed here but
i have been wondering about them so i thought someone here might be able to
help.

I have been wondering over past months what happens when an atom in ground
state becomes "colder". Both at electron orbital and nucleus level.

In the past i questioned here i think but also on the physics stack exchange
what happens to lower electron shell levels when a a nucleus undergoes decay or
if some other transient particle interaction (such as a proton or neutron)
inside the electron orbitals causes the electron existing energy to be
insufficient to remain in the lower orbital. I was wondering if it could lead
to "Hydrino", "Hyds" states for example or other less stable lower energy
states of the electron or the energy would be recovered from elsewhere. (I
suppose its would be also relevant to electrons higher orbitals if their energy
was insufficient and what this would mean if lower energy electrons over
populated the available orbitals). I was wondering if their could be some
quantised photon emission signature in some transitions that could be observed
when a system moved from a lower to higher energy state and what would happen
if it moved from a higher to lower energy state. At the time a little over a
year ago i think i had some reply on physics stack exchange that my question
was relevant but in fact the electrons would remain in their orbitals due to
their probability function and quantum mechanical nature of the electrons
within atoms. Never the less if this were to happen i suppose energy would need
to be extracted from the system to account for the energy removed by the
interaction. I suppose that energy would need to come from the nucleus or
extracted from some other external source.

More recently i have been wondering about a another very speculative but
related question: What happens in a nucleus if it is in ground state has energy
extracted from it by some interaction (perhaps such as that above) such that it
can no longer support the nucleons in ground state? Conservation rules would
require the number of quarks to remain the same etc? but a lot of the energy
(and mass) would be tied up in Gluons and the Strong force? Would there be a
path where a Gluon could decay into photons but still retain conservation of
states in a nucleus. If so the interactions between nucleons are often
visualised as an exchange of virtual pions. What would happen to the nucleons
if one of these were to disappear due to insufficient energy in the system?

I'm wondering if there is a path here to "very cold nuclear effects" at local
atomic/ nucleus level a kind of (Incredibly Cold Induced Nuclear de Generation
[ICIN-G]).

Are these thoughts and concepts credible? And if so has any work been done on
these kinds of concepts?