Jed,
If indeed you have all the data (which I doubt) please post the much requested layout of the piping.

AA

On 2/17/2017 2:10 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net <mailto:a.ashfi...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    I rather liked Rossi's comment. Discussing the flowmeter on the
    blogs before the full information is released in court is about as
    useful as discussing the sex of angels.

That is bullshit. We have Rossi's data. We have detailed information on this flowmeter, including the manual. These conclusions are inescapable --

The pump is far too big for this application. A pump that registers 36 times per day is absurd.

The flow data is impossibly regular, as is the other data.

The flow data shows 36,000 kg/day and high heat on days when _Rossi himself reported the reactor was turned off_. Would you like to explain that miracle? How much "full information" do we need to know that's impossible?

The pumps that feed the reactors cannot move as much water as claimed.

The manual warns you not to use it in a partially empty pipe.

The flowmeter is 80 mm in diameter (3"). The gravity return capacity of a 3" pipe is 140 gpm:

http://www.slideshare.net/raju175/water-flow-pipe-sizes

Even assuming Rossi's flow rate was accurate (which is physically impossible), Rossi reported the flow was 6 gpm, which is far less than the pipe capacity, so the pipe would be mostly empty. Therefore the flow meter cannot possibly work.

A mostly empty gravity return pipe looks like this:

http://benfranklinplumberhouston.com/images/blog/plumber-houston-sewer-line-cleaning.jpg

Peter Gluck believes no such thing exists, but anyone who has used pipes and pumps will know this is how it looks.