On Feb 3, 2006, at 9:07 PM, Jones Beene wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner"

We may have a dark partner in our part of the galaxy.

I would be willing to bet that the "partner" will probably be our "progenitor" system - the one that spawned the solar system.

We have several such massive object candidates in our "arm" of the galaxy though not necessarily "dark." The closest possible candidate celestial body to us which have been our immediate progenitor system is now believed to be a "quark star"

"Previously, this compact object (RJX J185635-375) held claim to being the closest neutron star - 150 light-years away.

If the object were 150 light years away it would have to have [(1.551 x 10^-11 i Hz)/(9.526x10^-23 i Hz)]/(150 ly/1.496x10^8 km)^3 = 1.39x10^32 times the gravimagnetic dipole moment of the sun. This would be a black hole for sure. In fact, at a mere 1 ly distance it would have to have 4x10^25 more gravimagnetic moment than the sun. It should thus be (a) massive enough to be a black hole and (b) much closer than seems possible without having observed it.

This tends to discount my math.

Horace Heffner