Whenever muons appear, fusion of light elements will occur and fission of
heavy elements will happen. So fusion could be a secondary reaction set up
by the primary reaction which is the creation of muons.

Muons can be produced in two ways, one... they could be a product on
nucleon decay, and two... muons could be produced from hadronization... the
creation of muons from energy.

Holmlid mentions a condition where he has stored metallic hydrogen in a
darken lab and there was little or no muons produced by this stuff, but
when he turned the fluorescent lab overhead room lights on, Holmlid saw a
rapid rise in muon production and a gradual but steady decrease in muon
production over time after the lights were turned off. Those muons might be
coming from hadronization.

Reference:
Muon detection studied by pulse-height energy analysis:
Novel converter arrangements

Two different sources for producing H(0) have been used
for this study. They are similar to a source described in a
previous publication.28 Potassium-doped iron oxide catalyst
samples (cylindric pellets)32,33 in the sources produce the ultradense
H(0) from hydrogen or deuterium gas flow at pressures
of 10−5–100 mbars. The sources give a slowly decaying muon
signal for several hours and days after being used for producing
H(0). They can be triggered to increase the muon production
by laser irradiation inside the chambers or sometimes even by
turning on the fluorescent lamps in the laboratory for a short
time.