On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​
>
> The Penon report?!?

​***ALL of it.   The Penon report, the supposed heat exchanger, all of it.
  If the Penon report is as fraudulent as you make it out to  be, then
Rossi would be up on charges for that.   All the other stuff would be icing
on the cake.   But Rossi is not up on charges.   The standard of proof for
civil cases (fraud in this case) is "preponderance of evidence" and IH
couldn't make the case.  The standard of proof for criminal cases is
higher, "beyond a reasonable doubt".   So if you can't meet the lower
standard, you can't meet the higher standard.   Therefore, there is legal
proof that Rossi is NOT a fraud.  ​

> Either you haven't read it or your interpretation of it is the extreme
> opposite or what Murray, Smith and I think of it. I have never seen such
> blatant, in-your-face fraud. If this report does not convince you Rossi is
> a crook, nothing will.

​***If it is so blatant and in-your-face fraud, then Rossi should be up on
charges and IH should have pressed forward.   They didn't, because it is
neither blatant nor in-your-face.   ​

>> ​
>>

> You cannot "file charges" based on the laws of thermodynamics

​***I didn't say it was based on science, it was based upon LEGAL
principles.   The Legal case against Rossi is proof that he is not a fraud.
   If the scientific case is so blatant then you should write a paper on
it.   It would be easy, if you're so right.

> and an idiotic report that would fail a junior high school class.

​***These independent reports associated with Rossi have fooled PhD
physicists, not junior high schoolers.   Your exaggerations just don't meet
with reality on the ground.​

> It is not a crime to publish fake data.

​***It is a crime to use fake data to defraud investors.  Some of these
frauds who have pushed the envelope of fake data ended up in prison.   That
is where Rossi should be if what you are saying is the verifiable truth,
but such is not the case because all that stuff is tied up in a bow as
evidence sworn in, and the law is not pursuing it.  ​

> You would have to show intent and various legal proof that I do not
> understand.

​***If you don't understand it then you're just as bad as these people you
rail against for not reading the Penon report.   It is simple reasoning to
proceed from "preponderance of evidence" burden of proof having failed to
"beyond a reasonable doubt" obviously failing.   To see the whole thing in
reverse, just look at OJ Simpson.   The authorities failed to prove he
murdered 2 people even with extraordinarily strong DNA    jklkjevidence,
but the civil suit found him to be guilty of causing their deaths.   If the
civil suit had come first and he was found not guilty, no one would have
moved forward on the criminal case.   ​

> I.H. apparently decided not to pursue the civil law suit. Since I know so
> little about the law, whatever their lawyers advised I would go along with.
> But that changes nothing about the scientific content of the report. It is
> fraudulent nonsense. I cannot imagine why you and others do not see this,
> but based on your reaction, I begin to see why the Flat Earth Society still
> exists.

​***Based on your reaction, you have succumbed to the emotion surrounding
this case.   If all that stuff is so provably fraudulent then IH would have
moved forward.   It is NOT provable.   ​My

​suggestion is to use your emotional state to generate something for
everyone to benefit from:  write a report delineating every instance of
scientific fraud entered into the docket as evidence.   If life gives you
lemons, make lemonade.  ​