From: Jed Rothwell

I am supposed to get some sample data to go along with this. It is not here yet.

In the mean time …

Many of us may have a wish list and perhaps if enough interest is shown –
someone may try to replicate this soon. For instance, the inclusion of a
calibration reactor is fabulous – there can be little doubt of the gain, even
with air-flow calorimetry. But why not run pure hydrogen against pure
deuterium, since there is less chance of fouling the D2 side, by using the
other reactor?

The results would be most informative since we know that nickel alone does not
work with deuterium. A natural suspicion is that nickel is taking the place of
silver (in electrolysis cells where Pd-Ag is used). If excess is seen with
protium – then perhaps Mizuno can get beyond the idea that this is the same
kind of reaction as P&F pioneered. Actually glow discharge has been replicated
many times but without great fanfare – see Naudin’s fine effort:
http://quanthomme.free.fr/jlnlabs/cfr/index.htm

This experiment may be the start of something very important, if it is
replicated quickly at the high power level.

The only place now with the funding and talent to pull off a rapid replication
is the group at Texas Tech

http://www.iccf19.com/_system/download/abstract_poster/AP52_Scarborough.pdf

Unless Naudin wants to have another go at it.