>From the strange coincidences department:

I was going to recommend another interesting GUT-type of theory (that of
William L Stubbs) where simple logic takes the place of complex mathematics…
and lo and behold, most of the former links have gone cold, but in this one …
it looks like Hatt beat me to it by a couple of years

http://vixra.org/abs/1511.0191

Does this mean a lepton basis for mass was once a “hatt topic”?

Between Stubbs and Hatt, there could something being missed by the mainstream -
simplicity.

It is possibly no accident that CERN has pretty much unknowingly validated
Stubbs muon cross-identity:

http://home.cern/images/2014/01/higgs-boson-decay-four-muons

(which is a simulation, giving them plenty of wiggle room)

From: Nigel Dyer

As you already know, I find this sort of work fascinating.  The hope is that
looking at the data in a different way might result in seeing some connection
that has been missed when we just look at the standard model and which might in
turn inform our understanding of the standard model.
What is intriguing is how little quarks figure in the document, the only bit
being when Phillip looks at the three generations of quarks.  The basis for the
three generations of matter is particularly poorly understood, so if this
approach provides an insight then that would be useful.   On an initial skim
through I have not spotted any obvious leads
Nigel

JonesBeene wrote:

This theory will not appeal to everyone but it has attractive features which
“tend to grow on you”. Thumbs up from me.

http://philippehatt.com/
http://philippehatt.com/document1.pdf

The author (like Peter Gluck and Cervantes) is quite fond of, and skilled at
neology – making-up new English words – which some find annoying.

The author (like Einstein) finds that the precision and simplicity of the basic
Universal dynamic (massification/demassification) points to a kind of superior
intelligence – which some find annoying

Not me, in fact with a little editing this could be made into grand  literature
- of some arcane but enjoyable genre… “beyond hard sci-fi” or… it could win the
Nobel if correct. Take your pick.

Apparently this thinking is not new, and others have already borrowed heavily
from it. It was presented at Sochi recently, mainly for Russians, but the
author’s name was misspelled. Not that anyone noticed…