Hagelstein has been working om a coupling between phonic lattice spin energy
states (thermal energy) and nuclear energy states, including (I believe)
nuclear spin energy states.
sonoluminescence<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence> testing  has
been accomplished in the past at PNL by G.  Posakony with the collaborators at
ONL.  Neutrons and other radiation has been observed as I recall and I believe
draft papers exist.

The mechanism for the coupling has not been identified to my knowledge,  but it
seems like the Haelelstein modelling may be pertinent.

The math associated with spin coupling is not well understood, since the Planck
constant and spin quanta do not have a good conceptual foundation at small
distances IMHO.   How uncertainty principle applies to spin energy and
quantized angular momentum is another glitch.

The PNL/ONL work may help understand the mechanism.

It may be that the compression produced in the sonoluminescence experiment,
involving cavitation bubble collapse in a fluid, produces a coherent system
with  increasing  phonic temperatures and resonant energy states  which allows
the coherent system to expel EM x-rays and reach a lower total energy including
lower  phonic energy.  The similarity to LENR is the existence of a coherent
system with induced resonant conditions coupling lattice electron spin with
nuclear spin and probable transition to lower total energy.

Bob Cook