Higgins—Regarding your comments:

The spectrometer Rossi  is said to have  used, if connected via fiber optics,
would be limited in its effective range of wavelength monitoring from 200 nm to
about 2200 nm.  The peak of black body radiation
at 2300 C is in this range,  However, the peak as a function of radiance is
fairly flat in this range.  The peak wavelengths that Rossi’s demo displayed
were not associated with the black body radiation  temperature of

I would guess that Rossi does not want spectrum data publicized, since it would
tell too much about the mechanisms at work.

The conducting medium within the plasma may be made up of Li ions, microscopic
Li droplets, microscopic Al droplets and Al ions.  The H is either absorbed by
the Ni or remains as a H2 molecule.  This assumption of the composition of gas
is what I have called a “dusty” plasma expecting that the material is not
strictly an ionic substance.  I have never heard of neutral plasmas,  which
neutrality Rossi has indicated is characteristic of his QX reactor.

If the LENR produces alphas and results from a magnetic field with its
directionality, the alpha emission may
also display a related directionality.

Finally the signal driving the reactor may be a quadrupole magnetic field to
produce nuclear spin states that resonate with lattice electron  spin states.
Such a driver may require significant energy to achieve the proper resonances
with enough energy to change the nuclear energy states and allow nuclear
transmutation.  To be useful as a heat source the change of potential energy
and increase of the lattice energy or kinetic energy of emitted alphas would
have to be substantially greater than the energy needed to create the signal
driving the reactor.

 Bob Cook