My comment about the standard model is it has too many parts, not too few.  It
takes lots of constants to hold all the various parts together.

Bob Cook

________________________________
From: MarkI-ZeroPoint <zeropo...@charter.net>
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2018 8:12:27 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:FYI: Surprising result shocks scientists studying spin

Gee, physicists don’t know everything there is to know about atomic physics...
could it be that the ‘Standard Model’ is missing a few parts!

https://phys.org/news/2018-01-result-scientists.html

"What we observed was totally amazing," said Brookhaven physicist Alexander
Bazilevsky, a deputy spokesperson for the PHENIX collaboration at RHIC, which
is reporting these results in a new paper just published in Physical Review
Letters. "Our findings may mean that the mechanisms producing particles along
the direction in which the spinning proton is traveling may be very different
in proton-proton collisions<https://phys.org/tags/proton-proton+collisions/>
compared with proton-nucleus collisions."

Understanding different particle production mechanisms could have big
implications for interpreting other high-energy particle collisions, including
the interactions of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays with particles in the Earth's
atmosphere, Bazilevsky said.

-Mark Iverson