On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:10 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Indeed, but it still means that from our point of view we would never get
> to see
> what happens.
> Or, from the particles point of view, the rest of the universe has come to
> an
> end before they get together.

That was a question for me:  for us the electron-positron pair appear to be
frozen in time for us because light is bending back in on the black hole.
Does that mean that whatever happens inside the event horizon is never
contemporaneous with us?  My sense was that this is not the case, and that
it's just a trick of the light not escaping.

If we take the other option, then nothing in our timeline ever happens to
things that have crossed over the event horizon, and it is meaningless to
talk about its contents.

Eric