LENR can produce transmutations at a distance.  Urutskoev verified this
when he came up with his theory of how LENR produced the chernobyl
meltdown. Muons might favor U238 fission over U235 fission. This is what
makes LENR dangerous.

From

Low-energy nuclear reactions and the leptonic monopole
Georges Lochak*, Leonid Urutskoev**

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LochakGlowenergyn.pdf

For us, it is important that the transformation can also take place outside
the plasma channel. This is a rather “unpleasant surprise,” because,
probably, within several years, when the low-temperature transmutation will
be studied in more detail, it would be rather easy to devise a facile and
inexpensive process to enrich uranium. In view of the growth of terrorism
all over the world, this outcome seems deplorable.