Here are the letters from Fleischmann to Miles:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanlettersfroa.pdf

In my introduction, on p. 10, I said that Shanahan said some unbelievable
things. I should have provided links to his quotes. Someone challenged me
to do that over at lenr-forum.com. I agree I should, so I spent an hour
digging up some of the quotes. That's a lot of work! It takes a long time
because it is difficult to navigate that web site. So, anyway, here is a
link to my response:

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/5635-uploaded-beiting-report-from-the-aerospace-corporation/?postID=87979#post87979

I did not cover every point I made in the Introduction. One of the things I
described in this message, but not in the intro, is his assertion that the
cell was heated with electrolysis, and it was still hot 3 days after it was
disconnected. Here's the thing. He did not actually say that. He implied
it. He said, for example, "I granted this [the cell was hot] given that you
are referring to when they disconnected it from the heaters that had heated
it up to the point it was too hot to touch." When I and others pointed out
it was 3 days later, he refused to answer or comment. He repeatedly makes
these statements, refuses to comment. Then he claims he did not make them,
and then he makes them again. When people point this out, he says they are
lying. This is called "gaslighting" (from the movie title). Described here:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

1. They tell blatant lies.

You know it's an outright lie. Yet they are telling you this lie with a
straight face. Why are they so blatant? Because they're setting up a
precedent. Once they tell you a huge lie, you're not sure if anything they
say is true. Keeping you unsteady and off-kilter is the goal.

2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.

You know they said they would do something; you know you heard it. But they
out and out deny it. It makes you start questioning your reality—maybe they
never said that thing. And the more they do this, the more you question
your reality and start accepting theirs.