Before I think.

Nine years ago I was on a walk organised by our Church and got chatting to an elderly gentleman who I had not spoken to before. We got to talking about LENR as I had just started getting involved.  He told me that during the second world war he was involved in developing containers for hydrogen.  Their team became aware that in one very specific circumstance they were seeing what appeared to be excess heat.  They brought this to the attention of their superiors and were told that they could not afford the time to investigate it (To coin a phrase, there was a war on).  He told me that when he heard the Pons and Fleishmann news many years later, it came as no surprise.

Nigel