The change is that websites and apps are now able to send notifications.  On the standard web browsers such as Edge, Safari, Chrome and Explorer this can only happen with websites if you click 'Yes' when the website asks if it can send notifications.  I have allowed Facebook to send notifications, but said no to all of the other websites, and only get Facebook notifications.  Another possibility is that you have installed an app where, somewhere deep in the small print which you accepted (and which noone reads) , it said that you were granting it permission to send notifications from advertisers.  Its not clear how this happened on your PC however.

Nigel

On 20/11/2018 02:41, Frank Znidarsic wrote:
<https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite#>I got these side ins coming from the right side of my screen.  They are called notifications.  I have been working a long time to get rid of them.  I don't know how I got them in first place.  Dog food, pro health, vanity news, and the list kept growing.  There was no direct way to kill them.  Oh your back again, no thank you.

I finally got to the bottom of it.  They were coming in directly through Windows 10.  I went to the gear on lower left side of Windows and set the notifications to off.  All of them, Facebook everything.  I have now reclaimed my computer.

Who would have the nerve to be so invasive?

Frank Z

Reply via email to