I am learning a lot.  I am glad that I got frustrated with the cable TV 
company.  Again, I am in a valley and can only get one channel directly over 
the air WJAC.  I aimed a high gain amplified antenna (the 5 start model) at  
the large WJAC TV tower west of me and I was able to pick up two stations with 
4 subchannels each east of me and over a 600 foot mountain WTAJ &  WWPC and 2 
more west of me KDKA.  The reflected signals came off of the tower vertiaclly 
polarized.  I rotated the antenna vertically to enhance the effect.  I picked 
up nothing off of cell phone tower on another mountain south of me.  I tried 
many things to get more stations.  I was expermenting with the collapse of the 
wavefunction.  No luck, no matter what I tried I was not able to recieve 1,000 
channels.  I was not able to see around the corner and over the mountain except 
by reflection.  Mounting the vertically polarized antenna 44 inches about he 
ground seemed to help. At higher mounting points I received nothing.  I can't 
explain this.  the new diginal signal is nice, with the old analog system the 
refleced signal would be loaded with ghosts.  When it comes in, it is perfect.
Nowhere in these arrangements did a pick up a hint of my megahertz-meter 
realtionship.  Where was it?  I don't know.  I experimentmented with orthogonal 
elements at 90 degress of the antenna elements.  I seemed to help some with 
KDKA whch was refraced from behind the tower.  The effect was small.

My next attempts will be with active antenna elements.  Take for instance 
channel 15.  PBS I want it.  It has a wavelength of 30 inches.  Thats about one 
meter.  What would happen with and orthogonal element stimuated at near one 
megahertz?  I dont know but I will find out if it ever stops raining.
Frank

Reply via email to