thanks mixnet.  I neve thought of that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Znidarsic <fznidar...@aol.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Sep 5, 2019 11:17 pm
Subject: Still working on antenna

I have been working on my HD TV antenna design for a while now.  I learned
several things.
My orginal asssumption was that only line of sight reception was possible in
the UHF band.  That is not the case.  Currently UHF transmitters blast out a
lot of power near the horrizon.  This signal may be refracted of reflected from
nearby mountans.  Reception at 30 miles away may be obtained from a reflected
signal.  Short interloods of no signal occur that may last up to 30 seconds as
this reflected signal is reflected in such a mannor that it phases out.  The
reflected signal may be very strong +27 SNR and still briefly blink out on a
sunny day.  Reflected signals come is steady and best on cloudy days.
Over the horrizon reception may also be possible through defraction from up to
50 miles away.  This signal tends to come in strong under sunny conditions and
my dissapear for hours under the inclement conditions.  When you lose it, it
not comming back until the postion of the sun or the weather pattern changes.

Ghosts are filtered out by the digiatal system.  It my be possble to get a
clear reflected signal where as with the old analog system the picture would be
loaded with ghosts.
The frindge siganl comes in vertacally polarized.  UHF TV antennas are desigend
to be mounted in the horizontally polarized postion with a rotating mechanism.
I have found that frindge reception comes in vertically polarized.  I dont know
why this is.  Any ideas?
I have built my own director and replaced the one that came with the amplified
antenna.  It has 6 5.5 inchel long elements separated by 4.2 inches.  I have
found that this arrangement works best with the repacked TV signals.  There is
no longer any need to receive channels on the upper end of the band and the
director can be tuned to respond to the lower end of the band. That gives an
extra 3 db.
Some phase rotation my be possible with reflected signels.  One 4 inch element
near the amplifier horizontally mounted tends to compenate for the phase
rotation.  With this that signal does not blink out as often.  The binking out
may be associated with a rotation in the angle of polarization.  I dont have
the equipent to test for this.
I have been trying to understand the effect of photons on the antenn's design.
My megahertz meter relationship states the photons will be absorbed at a length
of .1 inches.  I dont quite understand where this enters into the picture.  My
antenna's director elements are about .1 inches thick.  This is where this work
crosses over with LENR.  An understanding of the path of the quantum transtion
my lead to a better understanding of both systems.  Maybe I will make another
director with elements that are .1 inches thick.  This is about the thickness
of bycycle spoke.
Anyway, I got 15 channels in the valley CBS,  NBC, ABC, Fox and the CW.  I
could not get PBS but I purchesed a RUKU stick.   It gets PBS news, NOVA, and
on U-tube the PBS nightly business report.  That all of the major stuff for
free.  I got it to work without sticking my credit card numbers into it.  I am
not sure how I did this.
I assumed that the higher the antenna the better.  My girlfried lives on the
top of a mountain.  Her antenna does work better higher.  I put her's in the
attic.  I have a clear view of the horizon in my down in the valley location.
I have found that an antenna mounted one meter about the ground works best.
High up in a tree, 30 feet up,  I recieived nothing.  I dont understand this.
Any ideas?
The affect of the quantuzation of light on an UHF antenns still baffels me a
bit.  I which I could tune for it.
Frank  Znidarsic