It is fascinating to see that people do believe that a simple approximate engineering method like QM should be used to explain our reality!

QM only has a value in modelling chemical orbitals. All other use has dramatically failed to deliver any useful explanation - e.g. for particle physics. In fact the use of QM for modelling e.g. a proton is fringe science as the whole math is not useful for describing a static situation and completely misses the static magnetic flux/charge interaction.

The action of nature is not random. We simply do not have the means to watch a proton in action and thus we deal with collectives that can be treated by random functions. This is a subtle difference. We simply cannot see behind the curtain and we only have a restricted knowledge of nature.

Free will = power to act. You can tell anybody that you have a free will. This makes no sense if you have no power to act on it. Thus for most people the free will is restricted on (actions on) themselves. Awareness is a brain function that enables you to predict what your action will cause and may be to adjust it.

Randomness is also a weak argument. If you have the strange feeling you would like to kick somebody  in the ass, then even if you choose a random victim on a sidewalk your choice is not fully random because your location is not random. Also for the victim it' not a random act as he will never get kicked in the ass again unless he enjoys it... So its a unique event. But as said already with the proton. We can only describe such single events by a random function if these do have a statistics = do reoccur more or less the same way.

Thus forget about QM and philosophy .. unless you like to live like an ant.

J.W.