John Conway:

 " This famous saying of Einstein, 'I cannot believe that God plays dice
with the universe', Well it doesn't matter if God plays dice with the
universe. It makes no difference. So the opposite of deterministic is not
random, it is free. I don`t quite know what free is but it is not the same
as random because I know something about what random is."

Harry