On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 4:20 PM JonesBeene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>    - If hydrinos are just more stable versions of isolated hydrogen atoms
>    they should have been discovered in hydrogen gas using old technology many
>    decades ago. But this is just a strawman argument against their existence.
>

> Harry
>

> What old technology, exactly, would have discovered them? That is an
> intriguing path to follow
>

> BTW it could be a “fundable” inquiry involving a deeper look at old data..
> should anyone here be looking for a new project.
>

> H* would have almost the same mass as hydrogen - but would be so  much
> denser that it  probably cannot react chemically in the same way, so they
> are relatively inert.
>

> For instance, there is unlikely to be found in nature a form of water
> where one of the protons is replaced with dense hydrogen as this could
> present a charge imbalance.
>

> It would be worth the effort to find the most likely place dense hydrogen
> should be found in nature (assuming it is real)
>

> My guess is that it would be in biological lifeforms which use it for
> survival, somehow.
>

> Jones

Look for abnormally high energetic emissions from a hot hydrogen gas. That
would be evidence of hydrogen relaxing below the ground state. The
probability of the formation of hydrinos in an ideal gas would be very
low.. However, I think the probability might increase as the gas got
cooler. This would be in contrast with the probability of fusion
increasing as the temperature of the gas increased.

Harry
Harry