As an early cold fusion enthusiast and experimenter, I was hoping CF would be
the answer to inexpensive clean personal distributed energy production. So far,
nothing much has come of it, although it seems obvious to me that the effect is
real and much more needs to be done with it. Can major research funding of
CF/LENR save us? I think serious funding is going to be prevented by the
scientific establishment for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping this latest
"Lattice Confinement" endeavor which in my opinion is just cold fusion
relabeled might open the window.

Here are some stats from "Watts Up With That" that really lay it all out for
energy production. Having done some rough estimates myself, I don't think they
are far off the mark.

To get the world to zero emissions by 2050, our options are to build,
commission, and bring on-line either:

• Two 2.1 gigawatt nuclear power plants each and every day until 2050, OR

• 6000 two-megawatt wind turbines each and every day until 2050 plus a 3 GW
nuclear power plant every day until 2050, assuming there’s not one turbine
failure for any reason, OR

• 200 square miles (500 square kilometres) of solar panels each and every day
until 2050 plus a 3 GW nuclear power plant every day and a half until 2050,
assuming not one of the panels fails or is destroyed by hail or wind.

Sobering indeed.