Jed, from my point of view, I needed a personal "trigger warning" before
reading this. My head may explode. My contention that science is broken is yet
reinforced by what you say here. The lack of applied science is really a
symptom of the wholesale de-industrialization of the U.S. and other Western
nations in favor of our "friend" across the Pacific. Banking and financial
interests have brought this about.

Your heroic efforts in trying to keep cold fusion research alive by collecting
the research papers in one accessible place seem to have come against a
virtually insurmountable wall created by over-funded "scientists". These people
have an objective other than the whole purpose of science which is the search
for the truth of the physical world. Their only objective is funding. A
disruptive new discovery that threatens their massively over-funded projects
will be fought tooth and nail. ITER will never die if it's up to these folks.
Break-even will always be just around the corner.

     On Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 06:56:19 PM GMT+1, Jed Rothwell