Michel Jullian wrote:

Power meter: my opinion is that even the most expensive power meter cannot
accurately measure electric power delivered directly to a CF cell's
electrodes when arcing or even microdischarges occur in the cell . . .

I do not know the technical details, but Yokogawa's product engineers are confident that the meter they sold Mizuno works correctly in the glow discharge experiment. The engineers visited Mizuno for several days and observed the experiment. They worked with instrumentation engineers from another company (that paid for the experiment, and wishes to remain anonymous). They used high speed oscilloscopes and other instruments to confirm the waveform.

Yokogawa recommended a top-of-the-line $16,000 power meter, but actually, the results from this meter are within 1% of the Hewlett-Packard computer-based metering system, so it is not really necessary. Either that or both instrument systems are completely wrong, and by fantastic coincidence, the errors match to within 1%. I think there is no chance of that.

Note that the cell often produces violent glow discharge perturbations and no excess -- a perfect balance of input and output. Actually, when it is producing excess heat, the perturbations are somewhat reduced, input power is lower, in the cell is in a steady state.