Toyota has sold more than 50'000 Hydrogen fuel cell powered cars.

These cars have the highest range 800km and do not suffer from the winter dip of Li-ion battery power. Further a fuel cell produce still 50% heat for your car...

Currently we have 155 fuel stations in central Europe :: https://h2.live/

Toyota did even sell more fuel cells for stabilizing the Japanese grid.

The problems of Hydrogen are:

You have to compress it to 350 Bar - costs energy

You have to find an efficient electrolysis process (now soon close to 90%).

If you can do electrolysis under pressure then you get a pre-compression of up to 10-20 Bar.

But wind turbines work for nothing for long periods so this in the best case is a grid waste free energy deal!

J.W.