Hi Ed,

I think you need to look at it from the university position.
There have been some high profile cases of fraud in the
sciences, perhaps the most press being devoted to the
South Korean cloning scientist but I could name several
more if you like. Academia is no different than the corporate
world, in fact the two are quickly converging into one
monolithic system. So given the history of the energy field,
and the high profile fraud cases, can you understand why
they might proceed to investigate? There is nothing irrational
about this, given that both prestige and money are in play.

Let me turn the question around and ask you, what sort of
due dilligence do you perform before you engage in a business
venture? Do you independently verify the backgrounds of the
business people and investors involved? Do you look at SEC
filings and related financial information? It's been my
experience that the reason frauds are so prevalent is that
people greatly prefer the fraud to the honest man. They will
fight tooth and nail to _not_ do the things I am suggesting
above, in order that the promises made by the frauds remain
"real".

I do not know if Taleyarkhans experiments were successful,
but given that we have seen reproduction of the basic
effect here on Vo. some years ago ( Knuke... ) I suspect
they might be.

K.