-0500:
Hi,
[snip]
>With this scheme it
>would not be a problem because whenever demand fell significantly you
>would divert the load into hydrogen generation, and you would
>continue to supply some electricity with quick response
>load-balancing generators, which I suppose would be natural gas turbines.

I don't really see the need for this. Current which is being
diverted through an electrolysis cell can very rapidly be
redirected to the grid almost effortlessly. IOW electrolysis
doesn't really demand constant current. The only net result would
be that the H2 production would fluctuate considerably, but so
what?

Or were you referring to times when no wind was blowing?

BTW if all wind generators are hooked into the national grid, then
load balancing shouldn't really be that much of a problem, because
"The wind is always blowing somewhere".

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/