Hi,
[snip]

...so there doesn't appear to be any reason why it couldn't back itself up on
an inferior computer and wait for a better
machine to reappear somewhere...or write out fake work orders from a large
corporation(s), to get a new one built?
(The TV series "Person of Interest" comes to mind.)

>I wrote:
>
>Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:
>>

>Multiple copies, spread across the Internet, would make it almost
>>> invulnerable.
>>> (Assuming a neural network can be "backed up".)
>>>

>> I do not think it would be difficult to find and expurgate copies. They
>> would be very large.
>>

>There is another reason I do not think this would be a problem. I expect
>the hardware for the first sentient AI would be unique. It would be some
>sort of supercomputer with lots of artificial neural network (ANN) hardware
>circuits. You could not run a backup copy on another computer, or on
>something like Google's computer array. Eventually, assuming the sentient
>AI does not destroy the world, there might be many of these computers, so a
>backup copy could be run.
>
>I asked ChatGPT about this --
>

>ME: Does ChatGDP run on specialized hardware, or on ordinary computers?
>
>ChatGPT: As an AI language model, ChatGPT can run on both specialized
>hardware and ordinary computers. The specific hardware used to train and
>run ChatGPT varies depending on the scale of the model and the
>computational resources available.
>
>For example, the largest version of GPT-3, which has 175 billion
>parameters, was trained using a combination of thousands of graphics
>processing units (GPUs) and tensor processing units (TPUs) on a specialized
>computing infrastructure provided by OpenAI. However, smaller versions of
>GPT-3 can be run on ordinary computers with sufficient memory and
>processing power.
>
>Similarly, as a language model, ChatGPT can be run on both specialized
>hardware, such as GPUs or TPUs, or on ordinary computers, such as laptops
>or desktops. However, the speed and performance of the model will vary
>depending on the hardware used.
Cloud storage:-

Unsafe, Slow, Expensive

...pick any three.