As I described in previous threads, I have installed a small version of
ChatGPT at LENR-CANR.org. This copy of ChatGPT only has access to the files
I upload. It is provided by a company called ChatFast (
https://www.chatfast.io/). Unfortunately, the bots this company provides do
not have anywhere near enough capacity for the files at LENR-CANR.org. I
can only upload a small sample of documents in the version that costs
$60/month. For now, I have a demonstration version with a few documents,
here:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=2988

This is now on the menu at the top of the screen, so you can find it.

I would appreciate it if people here would poke around and see if this
works, and if you think it would be useful. There are some sample queries
on that page.

This copy only accesses data at LENR-CANR.org. Other sources of information
and misinformation about cold fusion such as Wikipedia are excluded. Other
subjects are excluded. It tells you they are excluded. For example:

ME, at LENR-CANR.org: When was the Great Eastern ocean liner launched?

ChatGPT: I'm sorry, I don't have any information on the launch date of the
Great Eastern ocean liner. My area of expertise is in cold fusion research.
Is there anything related to that topic that I can assist you with?

They have offered me a large capacity bot for $150/month. That's a lot of
money, but I am thinking about subscribing. I assume it will get a lot
cheaper in a year or two. It would cost a lot, and it would be a lot of
work converting the 1,171 documents at LENR-CANR to a format that ChatGPT
understands. Unfortunately, it does not seem capable of parsing .pdf files.
So, I would like to hear from readers whether this is worth the effort.
Plus, if someone has a full copy of Adobe Acrobat and you would like to
assist, I would appreciate it.

I have been poking around with this small version. Bot #1 has part of the
"ASCII Bibliography, authors A through C" (
http://lenr-canr.org/DetailOnly.htm) That's all I can fit. Unfortunately,
ChatGPT is not good at finding information in this index. It came up with
several wrong answers. Perhaps I can improve performance by labeling the
data. If I cannot improve this, I do not think it is worth $150/month. See
this exchange between me and the LENR-CANR.org ChatGPT bot #1:

Hello! What can I do for you today?

What authors described thin film experiments?

Benedek, Benesh, Benetskii, Chen, Armacanqui, Chambers, and Bok all
described thin film experiments in the provided data.

What about Oriani?

Oriani is not mentioned in the provided data.

What paper by Benedek describes thin film?

Benedek has two papers mentioned in the data, but neither specifically
mentions thin films.

This contradicts your previous response, which was "Benedek, Benesh,
Benetskii, Chen, Armacanqui, Chambers, and Bok all described thin film
experiments in the provided data." Can you explain this contradiction?

I apologize for the confusion. Upon reviewing the data again, I realize
that Benedek is mentioned in the context of cold nuclear fusion and
solid-state physics, but not specifically in relation to thin film
experiments. My previous response was incorrect.

Looking at the titles of the papers, which paper mentions thin film?

Cain, B.L.'s paper "Thermal Power Produced Using Thin-Film Palladium
Cathodes in Concentrated Lithium Salt Electrolyte" mentions thin films.

What is the URL of this paper?

I'm sorry, I do not have that information in the provided data.

Do other papers also mention thin film?

Yes, there are other papers that mention thin films, including papers by
Armacanqui, Celani, and Chen.

What are the titles of these papers?

I'm sorry, I do not have that information in the provided data.

Are there any papers with Oriani as the author or coauthor?

I'm sorry, I do not see any papers with Oriani as the author or coauthor in
the provided data.

Try "R.A. Oriani"

I apologize, but I still do not see any papers with R.A. Oriani as the
author or coauthor in the provided data.

How about "Oriani, R. A."?

I'm sorry, I still do not see any papers with Oriani, R. A. as the author
or coauthor in the provided data.

Here is one: "Armacanqui, M.E. and R.A. Oriani, The Decrease of Lattice
Parameter of Thin Films Caused by Cathodic Charging of Hydrogen. Scr.
Metall., 1985. 19: p. 525." I wonder why you did not find it?

Thank you for providing that information. I apologize for the confusion
earlier. It appears that there is indeed a paper with R.A. Oriani as a
coauthor titled "The Decrease of Lattice Parameter of Thin Films Caused by
Cathodic Charging of Hydrogen" published in Scr. Metall. in 1985. Thank you
for bringing this to my attention.

Can you tell me the abstract for this paper? Or the URL?

I'm sorry, but I do not have the abstract or URL for that specific paper.
The data I have provided includes information on cold fusion experiments
and methods, as well as related papers and conferences. If you have any
questions related to that topic, I would be happy to try and assist you.

I uploaded the data you are parsing. I did not label the fields as "Title,
Abstract, URL." Perhaps I should have. If there were labels in front of
each Field such as: "TITLE: Armacanqui, M.E. and R.A. Oriani, The Decrease
of Lattice Parameter of Thin Films Caused by Cathodic Charging of Hydrogen.
Scr. Metall., 1985. 19: p. 525." and "URL:

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is not necessary to label the fields
as "Title, Abstract, URL" for me to parse the data. As an AI assistant, I
am able to identify and extract relevant information from the provided data
regardless of the formatting. Is there anything else I can assist you with
related to the provided data?

Perhaps I should label the URL below the title, for example "

That would certainly make it easier for me to identify the URL associated
with each title. Thank you for considering that. Is there anything else I
can assist you with related to the provided data?

. . . I meant to say, "for example URL:
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Armacanquithedecreas.pdf

Thank you for clarifying. That would definitely make it easier for me to
identify the URL associated with each title. Is there anything else I can
assist you with related to the provided data?

I will definitely do this, to make it easier for you!

Thank you for considering my ease of use. Is there anything else I can
assist you with related to the provided data?