I believe you should check out Kozyrev ( sp?) on this subject.  He
claimed that motion could change mass ( at non relativistic speeds).
Rex research might have one or more of his papers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Veeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:26 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: moving vs stationary weights

If you are bicycling fast enough you can cross a wooden plank spanning
ditch before the plank breaks.

Normally we say this is because it takes time for the plank to deform
and break when subjected to a weight.

However, consider for a moment an alternative and naive(?) explanation:
it because you weigh less when you are moving than when you are
stationary. The idea is your motion reduces your gravitational mass (
independently of your inertial mass) while gravitational acceleration
remains unchanged.

While this theory is probably wrong, it would be easy to test in
practice.
See my 40k pdf file for an illustration of the theory.

http://web.ncf.ca/eo200/dynamics/testing_weight.pdf

Another test would be to take a bathroom scale on a plane or a train and
weigh oneself. Has anyone done this by chance?

Harry