Forgot the reserves estimate reference:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/reserves.xls

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:02:30 -0400
Subject: Beyond Petroleum

Formerly British Petroleum, BP has a new moniker; so, what does this mean? Maybe they recognize the following.

World consumption of oil in 2003 was 80.1 Mbbl/da:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/international/iealf/table12.xls

With an annual growth of 1.6 Mbbl/da putting current consumption at approximately 85 Mbbl/da. With current reserves at an estimated 1.3 Tbbl (conservative), we have about 42 years left. Of course, nuclear war or financial collapse will occur long before that.

So what *is* "beyond petroleum". Maybe this plant in Qatar by Chevron is an answer:

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/04/sasol_chevron_s.html

since we do have almost 7 Pcu.ft. of natural gas.

Terry
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com