At 02:24 pm 15/05/2006 -0700,
     Jones Chamberlain Beene wrote (inter alia):

> I probably would not even have realized it didn't get posted to Vo
> (yes it's that earth-shaking) except for reading Richard's comment
> about morality just now. Actually that comment was more like a
> reminiscence of better days - as the USA/England have - in the
> last 5 years - managed to totally eradicate any evidence for a
> moral superiority over the rest of the world (if indeed we have
> enjoyed it all since 1945).

I wish we'd had Blair in 1938 instead of your namesake who came
back from Germany waving his little piece of paper and proclaiming:

      "My good friends this is the second time in
       our history that there has come back from
       Germany to Downing Street peace with honor.
       I believe it is peace in our time."

I venture to suggest that if you'd suffered the London Blitz
(as I did) then you might think that a pre-emptive strike against
that evil bastard, Saddam Hussein, was a jolly good idea.

Frank Grimer